For today's tip I think I really am going to focus on some of my FAVORITE resources that I use. These are things that are FREE and help keep you organized and really help your business while keeping you stress free!
- STUDIO CLOUD- Studio Cloud is an award winning Free Business Management Software for the Photographer, Designer, Videographer and many other businesses! I LOVE this program! I've had it for about 2 years now. I mean really you are getting tons and tons of great tools for free. You can of course add on to the already great program with Cloud Boost, Employee Boost and Online Proofing. I find Studio Cloud the best way for me to keep up with my clients on a database. The other tools that it offers are things like scheduling, price lists, book keeping, project management, slideshows, reports and much much more. A really cool thing is they have a weather forecast cloud. I mean for photographers this is a big deal if we shoot primarily outdoors. Plus it's totally awesome that you can change your background photo of the main screen and move all the clouds around to where you want them. I totally take advantage of this and post my favorite image from my latest shoot as my background. All you need to do is download the application and set it up to your needs. Check out a screen capture of mine.
- DropBox- I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT DROPBOX!!! I love this program. Not only does it make it easier for me to transfer pictures to my mother's computer by simply dropping them in the Dropbox, but it allows for an easy way to give digital files to clients and store files. You just make sure that your clients have signed up for an account and then give them access to a folder. They will not be able to view anything else you have with your Dropbox account so everything else is safe. The Desktop Drop Box application is awesome and works just like you are browsing folders on your computer. One big thing I use this for is to send files to my business partner. This is a quick and easy way to since document files, images and all kinds of files. This is a life saver and it's free and so easy to use. Check out a screen view of the Dropbox application on my computer. It looks like normal folders lol!
- Mad Mimi- This is an awesome totally easy tool to use for Newsletters! I LOVE this! Best of all it's free for up to 100 newsletter subscribers! The webpage's design is so cute, fun and simple. I love that I can add my own banner and images and text with just a couple clicks! They have tons of helpful info for you guys to check out. Head on over!
Check out my February newsletter for an idea of how it works... http://mim.io/928ad
- Google Calender- I LOVE this calender. Not only is it set up with my Google apps, but so many of my other applications I use go through the Google calender. It's easy to work with, cute and very functional. Check out a screen capture of my google calender!
- Vitalist- OMG I have been looking for a to-do list online forever. I'm not really good at keeping up with a handwritten one so when I came across this I was in heaven lol! It's simple to use and you can integrate it with your Google calender and twitter and other apps. I really love that I can have the things on my to-do list be added to Google calender for me. I can add to the list through Google calender as well. So spiffy. I also love that I have the option to have my list of things to do emailed to me everyday so I have the option to print it off and mark it off that way. You guys definitely need to check it out if you are looking for something similar!
This is just a few of the things that I use and LOVE! I hope some of these will help make your workflow easier and more efficient. I would love to hear more from you guys so leave some comments and tell me what are some of your favorite tools? I have more I would love to share, but I am going to save that for another day!
Do you have anything you would like to see covered on Tuesday's Tip? Or maybe you have a quick question that you need answered right away. Just ask me through my formspring I would love to help you out.... Fill ou the question box below and to get to my profile to see if your question was answered just click on my name in the box.