So with the popularity over my last post about the tools that I use that helps me manage my business I thought I would share more. YES I do actually use all of these and yes I love them all! They help me out tremendously!
1. Wise Stamp- I LOVE this tool! It's an Email application available to Firefox, Chrome and Safari users. I use chrome and it's very easy to set up! Basically what this tool does is allow you to post a signature in any email client automatically. You are able to input your logo which is a plus. If you've ever recieved an email from me you will notice my signature. You can have a personal signature and a business signature and choose which you want to use when. I happen to use both of them for my Goldygates Photography and Modern Star Photography emails.
2. Vimeo- I LOVE Vimeo and this is where I upload all my videos to. I love the fact that this is a artist community and you can mingle with other photographers there. You can have amazing HD videos on there as well. The quality and simplicity of this site far exceeds my expectations!
3. Link Within- This is a great blogging tool! You can see it at the bottom of this post. Basically what it does is randomly choose similar posts from your blog and displays them below your blog post. This is a great way for the reader to find posts that they otherwise might not have seen just coming to your blog.
4. Wibiya- This is a free web toolbar. I love this thing and you can see it down at the bottom of the screen. the toolbar allows you too see how many people are on your site and allow people to like your site, chat with you and so many more fun apps you can add to this toolbar. I saw this on I Heart Faces website and thought it was neat.
5. Tuexdeux- Last time you saw where I talked about Vitalist which I love. Well I was reading a blog post by this other photographer named Morgan Trinker. You know what it's really neat! I love it! I love both Tuex Deux and Vitalist. Tuex Deux is very simple to do list and you should totally check it out if all you need is a quick to-do list without all the interaction with twitter and google calender and such.
6. PictoBrowser- This is an awesome stand alone gallery application that you can post on your site. It basically runs off of picasa and flickr albums. I use them on my Modern Star Photography website gallery. I'm going to be updating this website to these galleries soon! Check out a sample here.
7. Skype- This is a great tool to use if you need to talk with anyone around the world of course. It's a great way to talk with clients and a great way to talk face to face through webcam. You can add me as a friend on there and we can chat if I'm on. My username is bridget.gates1
8. Google Voice- This is an awesome tool. I like to have my phone calls to come to my cell phone, but I don't necessarily want them all to have my cell number. This is a great way to have a business number separate from your cell phone. You link it to your cell phone and search for the local number that is available that you would like to have and you are set. You can have people call or text to the number. One cool thing is the voice mail. To the best of it's ability it will transcribe what the persona is saying and email and text you the written form of the message. I find it quite amusing actually, but it does give a good detail of the message. The best thing about it if I have a harassing person all I have to do is disconnect it and they will never be able to reach me again. Perfect!
9. Wix- I actually don't use this site myself, but I have played around with it and have friends that do. It's a great way to build a custom flash website for yourself. You can even have a custom domain with it and just pay the fee for that. It's really easy to use and totally recommend it to everyone. In face the girl I am a senior project expert for has her portfolio with them. Sania Kahn Photography
10. MediaFire- I use media fire to distribute my freebies and other things like that! I find it very useful! It lets me know how many are being downloaded and keeps up with everything. I do recommend them for you guys if you need to share a file or something like that.
Hope you guys find these useful!